Low Carbon Consultants, Energy Performance & Display Energy Certificates
Thornley & Lumb now employ a number of Low Carbon Consultants and Energy Assessors. They are able to offer SBEM Calculations, Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s), Display Energy Certificates (DEC’s) and Air Conditioning Inspections for all property types, BREEAM Assessments in Offices, Retail, Code for Sustainable Homes and Ecohomes.
Energy Performance Certificates & Display Energy Certificates
There are two categories of Energy Certificate needed by building owners/developers from accredited assessors:
- Energy Performance Certificate – required for all types of building from construction through to the development being constructed, let or sold.
- Display Energy Certificate – required for all public buildings with an area greater than 1,000 m2, regularly used by the community in large numbers, such as schools, hospitals and council offices. The Display Energy Certificate will show the energy usage of a building and should be publicly displayed.
Air Conditioning Inspections
Legalisation now requires that by January 2009, all air conditioning systems over 250kW are inspected by an accredited inspector. By January 2011, all systems over 12kW must also be inspected.
- We can provide complete SBEM calculations for new buildings and extensions, required to demonstrate compliance with part L2A of the building regulations.
- We can provide SBEM calculations as a stand alone service, representing an independent assessment of a building design. Alternatively, the service is offered as part of a comprehensive consultancy package, including Mechanical and Electrical design for the project.
- Our SBEM calculations are generated using an industry accredited software package, enabling us to produce all documentation required for Building Control Submission.
- Additionally, we are consultants, undertaking inclusive Mechanical and Electrical Design projects or for the client, as an independent assessor for their design.
- As Low Carbon Consultants, we are able to self certify compliance with part L2A.
Thornley & Lumb can provide proposals for implementing Renewable Technologies to a specific project and assess the likely impact of carbon emissions, energy reduction and associated payback periods. By integrating into the SBEM calculation tool a Whole Building Energy Model can be demonstrated, including the overall energy usage of the building.
Examples where detailed assessments can be provided but not limited to:-
- Solar Thermal & Photovoltaic
- Ground/Air Source Heat Pumps
- Wind Energy
- Biomass Boilers
- Domestic & Commercial CHP Systems
Grey Water Recovery & Rain Water Harvesting
In addition, we can provide technical advice on Grey Water Recover & Rain Water Harvesting systems to depict likely water savings, storage requirements and system design.
Contact our Energy Certification & BREEAM Assessment Specialists
We have fully trained assessors dealing with all aspects of BREEAM Assessment and Energy Certification.
James Forster – BREEAM Offices, Ecohomes, The Code for Sustainable Homes, SBEM calculations, Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) and Display Energy Certificates (DEC’s).
Andrew Jagger – BREEAM Retail, Ecohomes, SBEM Calculations, Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) and Display Energy Certificates (DEC’s).
To discuss any of these issues relating to your project Andrew and James can be contacted on 01274 687755 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
24 Hour Quote Enquiry Form
Should you require an EPC or DEC quotation please either telephone the office on the above number or complete our online form, we aim to return all quotes by the next working day.
Low Energy Consultants, Energy Assessors, Energy Performance Certificates, Display Energy Certificates, Air Conditioning Inspections & SBEM Calculations.
Other sites by Autus:
Energysafe EPC - Home Energy Performance Certificates Manchester & Bolton